Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kids Valentines

I thought I would share what the kids made for valentines.
I found this printable made for a sucker on skip to my lou.
We decided use pencils instead, they get enough candy...

I found a pack of pastel cardstock and asked them what colors they wanted to give the kids in their classed. Of course they picked different colors for boys and girls. The printable only printed 2 per page, so their was lots of left over paper that I put to use. I used a circle punch and punched circles for the heads, but a heart would be cute too. I gave them a box that had stickers and wiggly eyes and some glitter glue and markers and let them go to town. They glued on the heads, decorated them and they wrote the names on the back. We stuck the pencil through the little slits an wa- la! Homemade Valentine's!




We also created some Valentines for Big Girl's class to do as an activity.


I printed out this little saying on some colored cardstock, put them in a baggie along with two big foam hearts to make the butterfly wings and then small heart for the head. I will add some punched hearts for them to decorate and they have a valentine to give their parents.
here is one with some punches on it. Sorry I made it frown.
Now where did I get those puches. Well I found the coolest punch at Michael's. It is from the Martha Stewart Crafts and it punches a bunch of hearts at one time, how cool is that? Plus I used my 40% off coupon, even better. So I used some of the extra paper and punched a bunch of little hearts.
Leftover paper I used to punch circles and hearts.
The cool Martha Punch , with a bunch of hearts
all my pretty hearts!




No comments: